POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth : Re: Planet Earth Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 3 Jun 2006 12:26:48
Message: <4481b848$1@news.povray.org>

news:4481931b$1@news.povray.org...
> You're German, aren't you? If yes, than it's quite symptomatic!
> Probably it had to be one of my countrymen to introduce such apocalyptical
> horror into this newsgroup, indulging in notorious German angst... sad to
> see!

German: actually, yes and no. Yes - I am a German. No - I am living and
working in Jamaica.

Apocalypsis: actually, yes and no. Yes - simply because my eyes are open.
No - because I would prefer my eyes were closed.

Angst: fascinating that this, too, is one of the German words the English
language took. Is here anyone who can add to a list of German words existing
in the English language? I would just be curious. The more as I am living
since some years in a purely English environment. Let me begin that list
here with those few words I already know of, everyone can add:

Kindergarten
Lederhosen
Angst
Blitzkrieg